It’s almost here again…. Nashville Symphony’s free day of music is one month away on October 27!!
11:00 AM – 9:00 PM | Schermerhorn Symphony Center
A Music City fall tradition! The entire community is invited for a full day of free performances, featuring everything from classical and jazz to rock and country, starting with a concert by the GRAMMY®-winning Nashville Symphony.
Other performers include Nashville in Harmony, Wu Fei, Nashville Salsa Machine, Nashville Symphony Chorus and innovative classical ensemble Chatterbird, with additional performers to be announced. As in past years, Free Day of Music will also include a Q&A with Nashville Symphony conductors.
In addition to 25 performers on four stages throughout Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Free Day of Music will also feature:
- Halloween and Day of the Dead themed family activities, presented in collaboration with Conexión Américas, including face painting, a costume contest and more
- Enhanced accessibility and sensory-friendly offerings throughout the day, including quiet spaces, ASL translators for select performances, and other supports
- The Instrument Petting Zoo, which offers music lovers of all ages a chance to try out a variety of musical instruments (open 11:45 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Sweet and savory treats from some of Nashville’s finest food trucks, including Burritos La Mina and Oliver’s Ice Box
- A spooky story corner presented by The Bookshop (11:30 am-4 pm)
- An outdoor beer garden presented by Craft Brewed
- A photo booth
- And more
Highlights from the 2017 free day of music: